December 14, 2014

Howdy, how's it going?

That, believe it or not, is the name of a beauty salon in my town. You've got to love Japan.

Anyway, I hope you're all going ok. Just thought I would check in and let you know that I'm still resting. Hoping that six weeks of not running will heal my hamstring/glute problem and any other hidden niggles I may have. I have a race scheduled for March 29, so starting in January would give me three months to get in shape.
I hate running in the cold weather anyway. I shouldn't complain, as a friend in Maine was just telling me about their snow, ice, sleet, freezing rain and other horrors...but I love to complain about the cold.

Just returned from two and a half weeks in Thailand - Bangkok, where my daughter lives, and Phuket, where her new Aussie boyfriend did the Laguna Challenge Half Ironman. He did well and it was a lot of fun to watch. Big race with lots of pros.

So... I wish I was still in Thailand, but when life gives you ice, make ice cream, I suppose.

Since I'm eating a lot and putting on weight, I'll end this with
Chow,
Bob


4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Bob.
    Excellent time of year to have a break, although down here it's the middle of summer :)
    Since you're putting on weight, I don't advise you to watch "Chow Masters."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic at the top. Look who's just coming into the frame on the left an hour and a half before becoming famous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. come back to thailand soon bob. wishing you all the best for 2015 and hope to see you in bangkok

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bob,

    I tried to email you at the gol address but it came back. Hope your niggles have eased and you're back running soon. I'm fresh off the boat from NZ and am very excited about training with the Namban Rengo on Wednesdays and Sundays. I've been doing several 6 x 1km and 6 x mile sessions recently in approx 3:45 for 1kms and 6:15 for 1 mile with 1:30 ~ 2 mins recovery, so hopefully I'll slot into a group on Wednesdays. Should I ask for anyone / any group in particular next Wednesday?

    Thank you & looking forward to meeting you when you're back running,
    Shula

    ReplyDelete