October 29, 2012

Ran a Bit...Quads Sore

My quads are sore today (Monday) from all the running I've been doing. 1km on Friday, 2km on Saturday, and 2km yesterday! I may have to do some longer runs before Boston.

Anyway, I can run, although the knee feels like it would hurt if I tried to go further/faster.

It hurts a bit at first, then if I walk for a few hundred meters and run again, it doesn't hurt. So I guess that's a good sign.
We'll see how this week goes.

I did go to the orthopedist, who took an x-ray that looked ok (knee bones not rubbing together). Couldn't have an MRI as the whole day was full. He said as long as it is not swollen and is feeling better, I should try to run a bit and if it hurts, come back for an MRI. So that's what I'm doing.

4 comments:

  1. bob is mobile. that is good news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ad 500m a day and you'll be up to Boston training before you know it ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very slow recovery Bob - but recovery it is. all the best with taking the distance/pace to the next level.

    ReplyDelete