July 10, 2016

Sore Quads

Week of July 4 ~ 10

7:44  75.6km / 47 mi.

Just about the same as last week, a bit more mileage. My quads are sore every day, not real sore, but...sore. Since I run six days a week, I suppose they don't have much chance to recover. Running 1hr 40mins, like today, with sore quads from the beginning, is not so pleasant. So when they stop hurting, that means I'm getting into shape?

Mon - Rest day, physio
Tue - Gym workout, then 70 mins.
Wed - 85 mins (longer warmup) with 1000m x 6 at 5:00 +/- 6 sec.
Thu - 60 mins - no time to do 70, physio
Fri - Gym workout, 80 mins, to make up for lost 10mins yesterday
Sat - 69 mins
Sun - 100 mins @32C, 80% humidity. Felt fine, didn't even need to drink.

2 comments:

  1. I also ran long on Sunday. By lunch time I was still out there in 31C. I conservatively drank 2 litres on the road and I'm known for never drinking. Don't know how you do it Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe! The sore quad cure that local WC rep mountain runners recommend is running hard down hill to toughen them up. Sounds painful to me!

    ReplyDelete