May 30, 2016

It's Been A While...

Well, my glute soreness, I hesitate to call it an injury, is still with me, but lessening. It is in an indefinable location, possibly where the top of the hamstring connects to the bone, or whatever it connects to. My two courses of action are light jogging, 40 to 60 minutes a day at an easy pace, and physical therapy. A new place opened in my town, and they are very good. They provide a combination of massage, a type of chiropractic body alignment and electrical stimulation. All of the therapists are very knowledgeable and seem to be very good at what they do. I go there two or three times a week and it seems to be helping.
I still have slight soreness when I "run", but not much. Not planning to do any fast or long running for awhile, but even after I heal, I plan to continue the slow stuff. Read an interview with Ed Whitlock where he talks about running 2 or 3 hours a day slowly, and one day a week fast, and that sounds good to me, for a few months anyway. I'm even running by time these days, not distance, which is a big change for me.
Hope to be over this next month and back in shape by the fall.
Hope you're all running well, or recovering well (Ewen).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Bob, sorry to hear that, but it looks like you have a good strategy going to overcome the injury. Mine is going well, but I'm being super careful, giving it more time than I think it needs.
    Sounds like the same interview that I read. Interesting that he doesn't do any cross-training (besides housework) when injured but he's convinced of the benefit of 2-3 hour daily 'jogs' (and weekly races) even though he regards long jogs as drudgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete